Proverbs 22:6

We are fortunate enough to be blessed with 3 wonderful little boys: Jay, Cody, and Riley. We always say that we're not just raising boys, but we are raising husbands. This blog is for them.


Proverbs 22:6 "Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."

Friday, November 4, 2011

Jay's 12th Birthday

Happy 12th Birthday to our big boy, Jay Tyler.  12 years ago today, we changed from 'Scott and Jennifer' to 'Mommy and Daddy'.  That day 12 years ago was one of the happiest days of my life....it was life changing.  It is absolutely amazing how you can look at a newborn baby that you know that you had a part in creating, and immediately fall in love with him.  To know that we prayed and waited....and prayed and waited...for God to pick out the perfect little boy to send to Mom and me.  And, I'll just tell you, God really knows how to pick em....He gave us the best little boy that we could have ever asked for.  I cannot begin to tell you how proud we are of the young man that you are becoming.  You are unashamed of your faith....I told Mom the other day that I got to sit with you in church last week, and during the worship portion of the service, you were just singing out to God at the top of your lungs....just praising Him.  It made me so proud of you!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for you.  I know in my heart that He has great plans for you, because you are going to allow Him to use you in a big way!  I pray that you never lose that, Jay.  Keep on trusting in Him, and never doubt that God is always with you!
Today on your birthday, you had 3 of your friends come over and spend the night:  Jack Weaver, Ben Bade, and Trey Hall.  We took you boys to the movies to see "Real Steel", then came back and had ice cream cake.  I told mommy that it was funny that when you looked at your cake, it looks like it says "Happy Birthday, Jax"...instead of "Jay".  We love you very much, buddy....and Mom and Dad are extrememly proud of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment