Proverbs 22:6

We are fortunate enough to be blessed with 3 wonderful little boys: Jay, Cody, and Riley. We always say that we're not just raising boys, but we are raising husbands. This blog is for them.


Proverbs 22:6 "Direct your children onto the right path, and when they are older, they will not leave it."

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day 2009

Boys, I continue to just be amazed that God has blessed me so much. I can promise you that I did not deserve the life that I have been given....I deserved so much less. I can honestly, without a shadow of a doubt, say that my life is a God-given gift. I am so honored and so proud to be your daddy. I take that responsibility more serious than just about anything in the world. God has entrusted your Mommy and I with your safety, and He has given us the responsibility of raising you. That responsibility is huge!! You 3 boys bring JOY to me...not happiness, not cheerfullness....JOY! Joy is so much better than happy....just think about it, you can be unhappy, but you cannot be unjoy. I love so much being your daddy...just the little things like sneaking off with Jay and getting a biscuit in the mornings, or putting Jay and Riley in bed and then fighting in the floor with Cody, or being Riley's tennis partner on the Wii. I love having secret handshakes with each of you. I am still in awe sometimes when I look at each of you and think that you are each a little piece of me. It just is an unbelieveable feeling to know that I have 3 best friends for the rest of my life. I love you, boys, and I pray that we have many more Father's Days to spend together. I pray that we can spend Father's Days with your children, and even your children's children. There is no greater feeling than being a daddy, and I thank all 3 of you for being the very best little boys in the world. I love you so much! Love, Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment